There is an old saying " Take care of your feet and they will take care of you" What does that mean?? An old adage from American veteran soldiers? Good Advice? For plumbers, policemen, firefighters, electricians, landscapers, and many more construction trades, it might mean taking a few minutes at night or in the morning to say hi to your feet. An epson salt bath after work. A frankincense infused oil foot rub in the morning before you put on your socks. It's so easy to wash up in the shower AND SKIP any real attention to your feet as you wake up in the morning or get ready for bed after a long day.
Im Zac with After Hours Plumbing LLC and I wear Boots on a daily basis to every job. Ive come to find out it doesn't matter how much you pay for your work boots. If they are water proof, they will hold in sweat from your feet. This causes odor, bacteria, and fungi growth most popularly known as athletes foot! Itchy itchy uncomfortable and unwanted effects of skipping saying hi to your feet in the morning and evening and giving them the same attention as you would give your hands.
My wife and I have come up with some tried and true ways of preventing foot problems related to wearing work boots.
1) When you get home from a long day at work take your boots off and slip into some comfortable tennis shoes or house shoes. Its tempting to keep on your water proof boots especialy if they are also comfortable. Wear something breathable when you dont need your feet to be water proof.
2) Dry your boots in front of a fan or use a boot dryer from lowes or home depot. They will stay wet for days without a fan.
3) Soak your feet in a hot epson salt bath before bed. The salts and warm water have so many good health benefits including muscle relaxation, stress relief, antibacterial properties, and anti fungal.
4) Wash your feet in the shower with a washcloth or body scrub brush.
5) Rub on a frankensence or myrhh infused oil before putting socks on in the morning. There's a reason Jesus was given these amazing two gifts by the wise men! They are practical hygene products that are naturaly antibacterial and good for the skin!
So many friends and family in policework, firefighting, and landscaping can use this simple 1-5 guide to foot health. Take care of your feet and they will take care of you.
After Hours Plumbing LLC
520 Gaines school Rd. Athens Georgia, 30605